What you need to know before committing to tooth whitening treatment
You should do some careful research before committing to tooth whitening. Talk to other patients who have received the same treatment or visit Harrogate Dentist, Linden House for a professional opinion until you feel confident enough to go ahead with treatment. If your treatment is going to be carried out at the time rather than at a future appointment, don’t be afraid to ask simple questions during your appointment. Always ask for a written treatment plan and estimate of the cost before agreeing to start the treatment.
Tooth whitening can lighten the shade of your natural teeth, but before you commit to having treatment it’s important that you’re fully aware of what to expect, what the risks are and who is allowed to carry it out
You may want to ask some of the following 9 questions:
- Who will be carrying out the procedure? What training and experience do they have?
- Is the person performing the treatment registered with the GDC? Are they a dentist, dental hygienist, dental therapist or clinical dental technician?
- What types of tooth whitening are available and what are the differences between them?
- What are the risks? Will it hurt?
- What sort of results can I expect?
- Can tooth whitening be carried out on stained veneers, crowns or dentures to make sure they match the colour of my natural teeth?
- Is the work guaranteed for a certain length of time?
- What aftercare is provided and who can I contact for advice after treatment?
- What happens if I’m unhappy with the results? Who will pay for any work that is done to correct any problems?
Here in Harrogate, Dentist Linden House Dental Practice has been performing tooth whitening for local residents successfully now for many years. We are a member of the General Dental Council and our staff are fully trained in the art of tooth whitening, so you can rest easy knowing our teeth whitening kits are of the highest quality.
For further information, download the GDC document Considering Tooth Whitening? we’ve provided here.